The last thing you want to have to think about is how to prepare your business for a disaster, but the reality is, no one is immune from the unexpected. The best thing you can do is have a contingency plan. This will include a range of things you can put in place, including a disaster recovery plan, and having the right kind of Florida business insurance that best covers the foreseeable risks your business will likely face.
Some starting points for your disaster recovery plan might be:
• Write an Emergency Response Plan. Assign responsibilities to staff members and ensure they know what their role would be.
• Keep a list of important phone numbers and addresses in an accessible place. In addition to emergency service numbers, you should include those of major clients and suppliers.
• Think about an alternative communications strategy in the event that your regular means of communications are interrupted.
• Keep duplicate records. Always back up your computer files and store a copy of those off site.
• Keep your disaster insurance up to date.
• Consider where and how you could set up in a temporary location in the wake of significant damage and loss.
There may be other things you might need to add depending on the nature of your business. Some disasters come with no warning time at all, so the best you can do is have the right plans and Florida business insurance in place. Having predetermined arrangements and plans will help you through the aftermath if a disaster should occur.